Hi! My name is Jessica, and I’m so excited to share a little slice of life with you! I am a licensed Realtor and Marketing Expert with JLA Realty in beautiful Houston, Texas. I’m also a wife, mommy to three precious (but oh so rambunctious little girls), and a blogger with a degree in Broadcast Journalism. Let’s just say I know a thing or two about multitasking. But no matter how busy I get — and admittedly that can be pretty busy — my faith and my family always come first.
Why Jessica Tomes Real Estate?
I’m different. I’m not your typical Realtor. I’m passionate about helping people buy and sell their dream homes — and relationships are very important to me. I’m also not afraid to give it to you straight. Plus, I know the area. I was born and raised in Southeast Texas, y’all. My hope is that you will come to think of me as your guide to everything Northeast Houston — whether we’re talking real estate, or the best places for dining and shopping locally — I’m experiencing it all, and sharing tidbits of wisdom with you along the way. Because I truly believe that finding the perfect home is so much more than simply putting in an offer on a house.
Growing up, I always knew I wanted to be a writer. That or a circus performer; it really just depended on what day you asked me. And some days, juggling multiple clients while simultaneously rocking out at this parenting gig can feel a bit like walking a tightrope — so maybe I was onto something. But now, I can’t wait to share the story of your home with potential buyers. Because when you entrust me with the sale of your home, it’s so much more than just another listing. You can rest easy knowing that I will do everything in my power to help you find and purchase the perfect home for your family. That’s my promise to you.
When I’m not blogging, or out-and-about helping my clients buy and sell their dream homes, you can usually find me soaking up the Texas sun (with my littles in tow), eating all of the chocolate chip cookies and queso, spending entirely too much money shopping (usually for my family or home), or cheering on my beloved TCU Horned Frogs.
Here are 5 (more) things you might not know about me.
- I was born and raised in Beaumont, Texas. I attended Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, Texas. My husband and I lived in Billings, Montana for almost three years before moving back to the Lone Star State. (This is where I originally began my real estate career.) You don’t know cold until you’ve experienced negative forty degrees. Also, Yellowstone Park is just as beautiful as you’ve always imagined. Definitely worth a trip.
- While in college I interned for The O’Reilly Factor at Fox News Channel in NYC. No matter your politics, I think we can all agree that this is a pretty neat thing to include on your resume. Also I met Jon Voigt. And ate way too many cupcakes from famed Magnolia Bakery (the original).
- I have danced almost my entire life (from the age of three). Ballet, jazz, pom, lyrical, modern, tap — I have literally done it all. I was even a ballet major when I started at TCU. I also danced and cheered with the TCU Showgirls. Before we were awesome at football. But it was still so much fun.
- I am addicted to coffee. When I drink it, I can do (almost) all of the things. Without it… let’s just say I don’t want to know what happens. I can literally drink a cup of (strong) coffee and then lay down to take a nap. What can I say? Motherhood is exhausting.
- I really hate to admit this — mainly because I would love for you guys to think of me as a domestic diva goddess — but I am not a *great* cook. I’m working on it. I’d like to think that one day I’ll cook a meal (from scratch) that my family will actually enjoy. I’ll definitely keep you updated 😉